Air fried chicken legs is the easiest way to make juicy chicken with crispy skin!
Bone- in chicken legs are inexpensive and have incredibly moist meat with lots of flavor.
CHICKEN Chicken legs are generally 1/4 chicken with thighs and drumsticks attached. If you have just thighs and/or drumsticks, those work just fine too.
FLAVOR We season the chicken legs with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, & chicken seasoning. You can either buy seasoning or make your own homemade chicken seasoning!
How to Make Chicken Legs in an Air Fryer
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken legs and season (per the recipe below).
- Place legs, skin side down, in the basket of air fryer, cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn over & cook another 10-15 minutes.
No air fryer? No problem. Bake chicken legs in the oven at 400°F for 40-45 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
Amazing Air Fryer Chicken
- Everything Air Fryer Wings – our favorite appetizer
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts – from fresh or frozen
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings – so crispy & flavorful
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders – seasoned & breaded
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken – totally effortless
Did you love this Air Fryer Chicken Legs recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- 3-4 chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning* see note
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
Drizzle olive oil over chicken legs and generously season with chicken seasoning, garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste.
Place the drumsticks in a single layer in the air fryer basket, skin side down, and cook for 15 minutes.
Flip the legs over and cook an additional 10-15 minutes or until the legs reach 165°F.
Ensure legs aren’t too crowded and that air can circulate around them. Do not overlap.