Crisp and delicious restaurant-style home fries are easy to make in the air fryer!
Why We Love Air Fryer Home Fries
We love home fries for all meals from breakfast to dinner. Like most air fryer recipes, this is easy to make and a cinch to clean up!
- We use way less oil making them healthier (and equally delicious).
- They can be made-to-order in minutes!
- Even frozen potatoes can be used just by adjusting the cook times!
We like russet potatoes for this recipe because they are a high-starch potato. When they are cooked, the texture inside is fluffy while the outside becomes crisp.
PEPPERS & ONIONS
The colorful flavorful addition of onions and peppers with a touch of garlic powder & seasoned salt gives this breakfast side a definite thumbs up!
Try a combination of baby potatoes, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, even bacon bits to transform this recipe into a whole new dish!
Bacon grease can sub out for the butter for a savory flavor!
How to Cook Home Fries in the Air Fryer
The potatoes cook a bit longer than the peppers and onions, this keeps the veggies from overcooking.
- Peel potatoes, (if desired) cut into chunks, and toss in oil with recipe seasonings.
- Put potatoes in air fryer basket and fry according to recipe.
- Toss onions and peppers in melted butter & add to fryer basket. Continue frying until veggies are tender and potatoes are crispy & golden brown.
What to Serve Air Fryer Home Fries With
Potatoes make the perfect side dish to any meal!
- For breakfast, we like a Denver egg casserole. Try some eggs benedict, and maybe a side of summer fruit salad.
- For a spectacular feast, add a dozen or so of morning glory muffins, and don’t forget a pitcher of mimosas!
- Ketchup, salsa, or buffalo sauce are all perfect for dipping!
More Air Fryer Sides
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts – golden crispy
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Air Fryer Asparagus – quick to make
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Did your family love these Air Fryer Home Fries? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Home Fries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ¼ cup bell pepper red or green, chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Peel potatoes (if desired) and cut into ½" chunks.
Toss potatoes with olive oil, seasoned salt & garlic powder.
Add to the air fryer basket and cook at 380°F for 15 minutes.
Combine onion, bell pepper and butter. Add to the air fryer, reduce heat to 340°F and cook an additional 15 minutes or until vegetables and potatoes are tender.
To reheat, put in the microwave for a minute or two or place back in the air fryer for 5 minutes or until heated through.