Brown Sugar Baked Oatmeal is a deliciously belly-warming way to start the day!
A simple mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon is combined with oats, milk, and eggs and baked until golden! Serve this with a splash of milk or cream and some fresh fruit for the perfect breakfast.
What is Baked Oatmeal?
Baked oatmeal is a heartier version of regular quick boiled oatmeal. This version comes out delicious with a little bit of a sweet crust.
We love it because it’s easy to make (and reheat) and easily feeds a crowd!
Add in your favorite fruits, nuts, or even chocolate chips!
Old fashioned oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, eggs, milk, butter & vanilla are all mixed together to create the oatmeal.
Brown sugar, oats, and butter are combined and sprinkled on top of the oat mixture for a sweet crumble.
Add fresh berries, chocolate chips, bananas, apples, or peaches for a fun twist!
How to Make Baked Oatmeal
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3 to make this healthy and satisfying breakfast!
- Prepare topping and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients (per recipe below) and spread in a greased pan.
- Sprinkle on topping and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve hot.
FOR SERVING All kinds of great things can go on top of baked oatmeal! Heavy cream, peanut, almond, or cashew butter, jam, jelly, or preserves, fresh or frozen berries, toasted nuts like pecans, peanuts or walnuts, or chia or hemp seeds!
Leftovers are even better the next day when the flavors have had a chance to blend!
- Baked oatmeal can be prepared one day ahead and kept in the fridge for a quick breakfast throughout the week!
- Try baking oatmeal in muffin tins for a quick grab-and-go breakfast.
- Tuck into a lunchbox or backpack for a quick afternoon snack!
- Baked oatmeal is delicious reheated with heavy cream and maple syrup drizzled on top!
- Baked oatmeal will last about 5 days in the refrigerator if it’s covered.
- It can also be frozen. Cut into individual portions and freeze in zippered bags labeled with the date. Baked oatmeal can be frozen for a couple of months. Reheat in the microwave.
Delicious Breakfast Dishes
- French Toast Roll Ups – kid-friendly
- Homemade Eggs Benedict – easy yet elegant
- Easy Acai Bowl Recipe – quick & healthy
- Corned Beef Hash – savory & filling
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls – light & fluffy
Did your family love this Brown Sugar Baked Oatmeal? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Brown Sugar Baked Oatmeal
- 3 ¼ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk or almond milk
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
In a large bowl combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Add in eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla extract. Mix well and spread in a greased 9×9 pan.
Sprinkle topping over oatmeal and bake 40–45 minutes.
Serve warm, drizzled with cream if desired.
Try baking oatmeal in muffin tins for a quick grab-and-go breakfast.
Baked oatmeal will last about 5 days in the refrigerator if it’s covered.
It can also be frozen. Cut into individual portions and freeze in zippered bags labeled with the date. Baked oatmeal can be frozen for a couple of months. Reheat in the microwave.