There’s always time to whip up a batch of these easy ham biscuits!
Just a handful of ingredients, shredded cheese, ham, and onions, and everyone can have a hearty biscuit before rushing out the door on a busy morning. Best of all, they’re ready in 30 minutes!
Best Biscuits Ever!
These biscuits can be whipped up in 10 minutes, and bake for about 15, so quick!
These biscuits are so versatile, swap ham for breakfast sausage or bacon and use any kind of cheese. Brush them with an old bay butter for perfect Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
These are similar to a traditional biscuit recipe but the addition of extra liquid means no rolling (and less mess on the counter).
DRY INGREDINTS An easy mixture of flour, baking powder and soda is the base of these and it’s great because I always have them on hand.
BUTTER Ensure the butter is cold when you cut it in, the little pockets of butter add fluffiness to the biscuits.
MILK is added to create a dough with a consistency that doesn’t require rolling. I love buttermilk biscuits and buttermilk will work just fine in this recipe too.
Homemade biscuits are easy to get creative with! Here are some ideas to try.
- Crumbled sausage and dried sage
- Bacon bits and chives
- Green chilies or chopped jalapenos and cheddar cheese
- Chopped spinach and feta cheese
- Mexican chorizo and crumbled cotija cheese
- Dried cherries and chopped toasted walnuts
- Chocolate chips and toasted pecans or almonds
How to Make Biscuits with Ham and Cheese
Biscuits from scratch are so easy to make, there’s no need to buy pre-made mix!
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl per recipe below. Cut in cold butter (I usually use my hands).
- Stir in ham and cheese. Add milk until moist enough to scoop.
- Drop onto a prepared baking sheet and bake.
Storing Leftover Biscuits
Keep leftover biscuits in a zippered bag at room temperature and they should stay fresh for up to 3 days.
To freeze individual biscuits, wrap them in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil and pop them in the freezer for a grab and go breakfast or snack!
Or freeze several together in a zippered bag labeled with the date and let thaw naturally at room temperature.
Or thaw in the microwave about 3 minutes, and serve with melted butter.
Biscuits go Great With…
- Chicken Stew – simmered until tender
- Homemade Broccoli Cheddar Soup – perfect for dipping
- Shepherds Pie Recipe – a family favorite
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken & Gravy – set it & forget it
- Easy Beef Stroganoff – ready in 40 minutes!
Did you make these Ham Biscuits? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Ham & Cheese Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese finely diced
- ⅔ cup diced ham finely diced
- 1 to 1 ¼ cup milk
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or grease it well).
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
Add cold butter and cut in with a fork until the butter is the size of peas or slightly smaller. Add ham and cheese and stir.
Add milk a bit at a time stirring after each addition until you make a dough that is sticky and can be dropped with a spoon. The dough should be a bit softer than cookie dough.
Drop dough by heaping tablespoons to create 12 biscuits.
Bake 12-15 minutes or lightly browned.