Super easy to make, a Paloma drink tastes bright, refreshing, and tangy!
Paloma drinks can be made with just a few ingredients and are great enjoyed all year round.
What is a Paloma Drink?
A pitcher of Palomas can be the finishing touch to a gorgeous Mexican buffet!
Just a splash of tequila and some grapefruit soda is all that’s needed for this traditional drink.
While grapefruit soda makes this easy, it’s difficult to find in my area so I make a combination of fresh grapefruit juice and soda for the perfect drink. Palomas are a refreshing way to cap off any day or night!
Ingredients and Variations
TEQUILA Most often a Paloma is made with a Blanco tequila (a white or clear colored tequila) but honestly, any tequila will do just fine.
GRAPEFRUIT Paloma’s are basically tequila and grapefruit soda. Rather than a purchased grapefruit soda, I prefer to use grapefruit juice with a little bit of club soda and simple syrup for a bright citrus flavor.
GARNISH Salt the rim or pop a sugar cube in each glass for a sweet garnish!
How to Make a Paloma
Make the mix in step 2 ahead of time and chill it, to be ready for guests! Paloma cocktails are as easy as 1-2-3!
- Rub the edge of the glass with lime and dip it in salt if desired. Add ice, and chill in the freezer.
- Mix tequila, juice, and syrup according to the recipe below. Pour into iced glasses.
- Add a splash of club soda and a squirt of fresh lime juice, then serve!
More Classic Cocktails
- Margarita Recipe – with fresh lime
- Martini Recipe – perfect for parties
- Bloody Mary – savory and spicy
- Mojito Recipe – with simple syrup
- Caesar Drink – with pickled asparagus
Did you love this Paloma recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
- 2 ounces tequila
- lime wedges & kosher salt for serving
- 6 ounces grapefruit soda
- 3 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 3 ounces club soda
- ½ tablespoon simple syrup or to taste
Rub the rim of a glass with a slice of lime or grapefruit and dip in salt to salt the rim. Fill the glass with ice cubes and place in the freezer.
Combine tequila, grapefruit juice, and simple syrup with ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake until well chilled.
Pour grapefruit juice over ice in the glass. Top with club soda and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Serve with lime wedges.